A domain is the live web address to view your published project. By default, guidelines are published to live.standards.site, but register a custom domain with a third-party provider.
In this guide:
Things to keep in mind
- Connecting a custom domain cannot be repeated for other sites, such as portfolios. It is not possible to ‘share’ a domain name with another website hosting service.
- A custom domain can only be used for a single project. For example, by adding acmebrandguidelines.com to your account and publishing a project to it, all traffic going to the custom domain would view the project. It is not possible to publish multiple projects to the same custom domain.
- Base domains (mybrand.com) and subdomains (identity.mybrand.com) are considered separate domains. Many designers prefer to publish guidelines to subdomains so the base domain can continue to host the brand’s website.
What is needed
- A Plus or Pro Standards plan. Basic plans cannot add custom domains.
- Before continuing, first register a domain with a third-party provider. We recommend Google Domains.
- Access to the DNS records for the domain, often found in the domain account.